Covering your garage floor is a must for any self-respecting residential garage makeover. Always choose a solution that’s aesthetically pleasing, robust, hard-wearing and easy to maintain.
Here are the 10 current trends in residential residential garage flooring :
- Epoxy coatings | Epoxy coatings remain popular for their durability, ease of maintenance and aesthetic appeal.
- Polyaspartic coatings | Polyaspartic coatings are installed in the same way as epoxy, while polyaspartic offers greater UV resistance and faster curing.
- Polyurethane coatings | Polyurethane coatings offer excellent properties for a wide variety of applications, with a slightly rubbery surface finish and good resistance to elongation.
- Polypropylene coverings | These coverings are made with polypropylene tiles that fit exactly into each other thanks to their click system. These tiles have two different click systems to ensure faultless installation.
- Rubber coverings | Rubber coverings are environmentally friendly coverings made from recycled tires. They are ideal for garages and many other surfaces.
- Polished concrete coatings | Concrete polishing offers a luxurious, modern, durable, and abrasion-resistant finish. It’s a new trend that’s environmentally friendly, sanitary, and easy to maintain, with the aim of bringing a deep, refined, and long-lasting shine to existing or new concrete.
- Decorative coatings | Decorative coating options, such as custom patterns, are gaining in popularity to add a unique touch to garage floors.
- Eco-friendly coatings | Environmentally friendly options, such as water-based coatings or recycled materials, are increasingly in demand.
- Plastic tiles: whether in PVC or polypropylene, these tiles interlock to form a sturdy surface and can be customized to suit each homeowner’s aesthetic preferences.
- Floor paints | Paints specially designed for garage floors can add an aesthetic touch while improving durability. It is important to note that vehicle parking is not permitted on this type of flooring.
For more information on the latest trends in residential garage floor coatings, we invite you to consult specialized sources, websites or contact professionals in the field.