Creating a modern environment for your residential garage involves intervening in its functionality and aesthetics.By doing so, you will add value to your property.
Here are some easy steps to follow to create a modern and contemporary residential garage:
- Planning and design | Start by planning and designing your garage in detail. Think about its current size, shape, location, and existing materials. This is where you need to consider your budgetary constraints so that you can prioritize and achieve the modern garage you want.
- Choose a style | Choose a style that suits your home and your environment. A modern style implies clean lines, windows and doors of recent style and functionality, and sober finishes for walls, ceiling, floor, staircase, etc., where concrete, steel and glass are mixed for an elegant and contemporary look.
- Think about lighting | Lighting is a very important element of a modern garage. LED lighting is energy efficient and provides a bright, vivid light to properly illuminate your garage. This type of lighting is available in surface as well as recessed in the ceiling and walls. No more dark corners.
- Think about ventilation | The addition of a centralized ventilation system is important and should be considered in a modern garage to eliminate the accumulation of humidity and unpleasant odors. You may also simply want to consider a ceiling fan, for example, to circulate warm air in both summer and winter in conjunction with a heating and cooling unit.
- Think finishes | Key elements of any modern garage, steel finishes for garage doors ensure a sleek, durable look, while wood, glass or other material accents can contribute to a warm, elegant touch. Quality paint in bold colors for both the ceiling and walls, doors and trim can give the overall look a modern edge.
- Think features | A modern garage involves modern features like a smart garage door, electric vehicle charging stations, motion sensors, surveillance systems with cameras or any other advanced technology designed to make your life easier.
- Call in the professionals | For a quality modern residential garage, it’s important to call in residential garage design professionals. They can help you design and build a modern garage that meets the aesthetic needs and requirements of you and your family.
By following these easy steps, you can create a modern residential garage that meets all your needs for functionality, aesthetics, and comfort. For the highest quality, building code compliant results, call a residential garage design professional.